T-Levels are high-quality, work-focused, Level 3 qualifications delivered over 2 years and will include an industry work placement of at least 9 weeks (45 days). They have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to ensure that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for Employment within the chosen area of occupational specialism. Students can also use T-Levels to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level, including Higher Education.
To achieve the T-Level qualification, students must successfully demonstrate their achievement of the Core Component and one Occupational Specialism Component.
- Industry placement is a mandatory part of the T Level
- You are expected to gain substantial technical skill training
- You will spend a minimum of 315 hours in the workplace with an external employer.
- The placement will be specific and in-line with your occupational specialism
- A single placement of 315 hours can be split across two employers
- Day release (1 day a week)
- A block of 9 weeks
What assessments are involved?
• 2 written examinations (Paper A and Paper B)
• a supervised employer-set project
Students will receive marks for:
• Paper A
• Paper B
• Employer-set project (ESP).
These marks will be aggregated to create one grade for the Core Component.
Occupational Specialism Assessment
• Synoptic assignments (specific to each Occupational Specialism).
Haringey Sixth Form College is delighted to be offering T-levels in: