- About Us
- Mission, Vision & Ethos
Mission, Vision & Ethos
Haringey Sixth Form College is a mixed sixth form located in the Tottenham area of the London Borough of Haringey, England. The college was established in 2007, located on the site of the former Tottenham campus of Middlesex University.
Haringey Sixth Form College will transform the lives of our students through high quality teaching and learning programmes that inspire them, enabling them to succeed and achieve their goals.
To raise the aspiration and attainment of all students by being a College of academic and vocational excellence.
Culture, Values and Ethos
The culture values and ethos of the College aims to convey the following sentiments:
- Put the learner and the learner’s needs at the core of every decision and action.
- Believe in the potential of every young person and aim to improve opportunities for learners.
- Develop strong distributed leadership that leads by example and encourages a culture based on collective and individual responsibility.
- Encourage openness and good communication between all members of the College – staff and learners.
- Have high expectations and treat everyone as an individual and with respect.
- Value hard work and encourage enterprise, creativity, and innovation, as well as high standards in teaching and learning and achievement.
- Empower staff and learners to take responsibility and be accountable for the reputation and standing of the College in the community.
- Take pride in the College and its environment, creating a sense of safety.
- Value the views and contributions of all stakeholders realising that everyone has a part to play in the success or failure of the College.
- Value change – we are not afraid to contribute and respond to change which is fundamental to the success of the College.
- Be self-critical and aspire to excellence – quality is at the heart of all that we do, with a realisation that collectively we can always improve.
- Have a tangible commitment to equality and diversity, ensuring that everyone, staff and learners, have a positive experience at the College and celebrate the diversity of all its members. The College is a community in its own right.
- Celebrate the successes and achievements of all who learn and work at the College.