Travel to Learn Bursary
The Travel to Learn Bursary is available to students who meet all of the following conditions:
- The student lives more than 3 miles from Haringey Sixth Form College
- The student must currently be in Year 11 or currently studying at Haringey Sixth Form College
- The student has enrolled on a full-time programme of study at Haringey Sixth Form College and is either on the first or second year of that programme, studied in consecutive years
- The student has applied for the bursary before the deadline
The student has a minimum 90% level of attendance; the College may withdraw the bursary if the student is being subject to disciplinary sanctions.
Distance from College Students must be living more than 3 miles from Haringey Sixth Form College. This is calculated using the most direct route to college. If applicants do not meet the 3 mile criteria they will be informed by the College that their application for the scholarship was unsuccessful.
All applicants will receive confirmation from the College as to whether or not their application is successful and the reason for this. The College reserves the right to limit the number of bursaries dependent on availability of funds.
Haringey Sixth Form College Travel to Learn Bursary will be paid to qualifying students in two installments per year:
- First payment at the start of the October half term
- Second payment at the start of the Summer term
The bursary is intended to be available for both years of a two-year study programme. It may not be extended beyond two years.
How to apply
Applications can be made once you have received your conditional offer from us.
Haringey Sixth Form College reserves the right to vary or withdraw the bursary scheme at its discretion.