Haringey Sixth Form College partner with Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Foundation to deliver an outstanding Futsal and Education program.
Futsal is the only form of indoor football approved by FIFA, UEFA and the FA and is one of the fastest growing indoor sports in the world. It is the perfect way to master the ball, developing skill, speed of thought and game intelligence. Many of the world’s greatest football players such as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar credit futsal with developing their phenomenal talent. Futsal is the perfect way to master the skills of the game.
The best football academies in the world now use futsal to develop their players, helping their players secure professional contracts.
Delivered by a FA and UEFA qualified futsal and football coach, this course combines an individualised education program with a professional and structured futsal training program focusing on technical, tactical, physical and psychological development of players.
The Tottenham Hotspur Foundation & Haringey Sixth Form College and Futsal Development Centre gives students aged between 16 and 19 the perfect opportunity to combine an elite level professional futsal program with a range of academic studies including A-Levels or a BTEC program.
The new exciting programme will allow you to:
- Gain a first-class education that will help you go on to University/higher education
- Gain qualifications and the skills required to work in the sports industry, with excellent pathways to playing, coaching and analysis futsal and football.
- Train and compete in a professional environment, with a minimum of four training sessions and one competitive match every week.
- Represent Tottenham Hotspur Foundation in matches against other Premier League Clubs.
- Opportunities to trial for and play against the leading futsal clubs in the country.
- Opportunities to trial with semi-professional and professional football clubs for those who wish to also play in the 11v11 game.
- Opportunities to attend courses to become a qualified futsal and/or football coach.
The courses’ education package incorporates:
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (worth up to 3 A levels), BTEC Level 2 Diploma or BTEC Level 1 Diploma. The weeks training will revolve around preparing for fixtures that take place on a Wednesday afternoon. 8 hours of training is complimented by Students will train in futsal for 8 hours per week, that forms part of an individualised strength and conditioning program. This will all take place on site at Haringey 6th Form College in our state of the art Sports Hall and Gym that includes the latest Technogym Equipment.
Weekly Performance Analysis meetings help to improve both team and individual performance, with video analysis conducted and delivered by a former international level analyst. This acts as a vital method to improve performance for our students.