Employability Workshop at Societe Generale
It was a fantastic day at the London Office of one of Europe’s large Corporate and Investment Bank, Societe Generale. The students mainly from BTEC Business and ICT, were joined by A2 students, Salman Adam and Faeeq (Faizal) Mohamed to attend the One-day Employability Workshop organised by The Brokerage Citylink.
The students took part in a variety of activities that included the following:-
- An employability skills presentation
- A meet and greet session with employees of the bank
- A view of the Commodities and Stock trading floor of the Bank in real time
- Interview and mentoring sessions with some key personnel of bank
- A mock trading activity with groups of students acting as traders for 5 major financial institutions
The students really enjoyed the corporate atmosphere at the bank and left feeling very motivated and excited about what the future holds for them.