Sports Fitness & Personal Training
How do I #DiscoverTheDifference with Fitness Instructing?
Are you passionate about fitness? Do you enjoy working with others and encouraging people to live a healthy lifestyle? If so, this course is for you. You will gain the relevant qualification required to work in the fitness industry, and develop your knowledge and understanding of fitness training and performance.
What will I study?
A brief overview of some of the units studied in this course are:
• Anatomy and physiology – Learning and exploring how the skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular and respiratory systems function and the fundamentals of the energy systems.
• Psychology and coaching - Looking at individual psychological factors that can influence performance, the psychological aspects of environments that sports are played in and the influences that others can have on performance.
• Performance analysis and practical sport - You will develop your own practical performance in selected sports, focusing on the application of skills, techniques and tactics and reflecting on your performance.
What makes Sport at #H6 different?
• You get access to a fully equipped, state-of-the-art gym
• There are many trips, events and sports competitions that you will experience
• You gain additional coaching qualifications
• You can join many sporting academies such as H6 Basketball, H6 Futsal and H6 Football
How will I be assessed?
After the delivery of each unit of the course, you will be issued with an assignment, which covers a pass, merit and distinction criteria.
Assessments are carried out through assignments, coursework and two externally marked exams.
Three or more GCSE grades 3 or a BTEC Level 1 in a related subject.
One of the most popular progression routes after this qualification is to advance onto a BTEC Level 3 Sport course. Achieving the Level 3 Sport qualification will enable you to begin working as a dedicated personal trainer within gyms or other fitness institutions, taking on your own clients and helping them achieve their fitness goals.