New for 2021 - You can take BTEC Sport alongside 2 A-Levels of your choice*.
How do I #DiscoverTheDifference with Sport?
Whether you are interested in coaching or performance, physiology, sports development or many other areas of sport, this course will equip you with the relevant knowledge and skills to progress into employment in a sport related field, or higher education.
What will I study?
A brief overview of some of the units studied in this course are:
• Anatomy and physiology – Learning and exploring how the skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular and respiratory systems function and the fundamentals of the energy systems.
• Psychology and coaching - Looking at individual psychological factors that can influence performance, the psychological aspects of environments that sports are played in and the influences that others can have on performance.
• Performance analysis and practical sport - You will develop your own practical performance in selected sports, focusing on the application of skills, techniques and tactics and reflecting on your performance.
What makes Sport at #H6 different?
• You get access to a fully equipped, state-of-the-art gym
• There are many trips, events and sports competitions that you will experience
• You gain additional coaching qualifications
• You can join many sporting academies such as H6 Basketball, H6 Futsal and H6 Football
How will I be assessed?
After the delivery of each unit of the course, you will be issued with an assignment, which covers a pass, merit and distinction criteria.
BTEC Level 1
Assessments are carried out through assignments and coursework.
BTEC Level 2 & 3
Assessments are carried out through assignments, coursework and two externally marked exams.
BTEC Level 1
A few GCSE grades 2 or below. However, you will be required to have an appropriate level of English.
BTEC Level 2
Either - Three or more GCSE grades 3 or above. Or - Level 1 Diploma in a relevant subject.
BTEC Level 3
Either - Four GCSE grades 9-4, including a minimum grade 5 in English or Maths.
Or - Level 2 Diploma at Merit or Distinction and a minimum GCSE grade 5 in English or Maths.
Upon completion of the Level 3 Sports qualification, a few career pathways and progression routes could include:
• Sports coaching and sports science, for example nutritionist, sport psychology, sports therapy and injury management in sport performance, exercise and fitness.
• Leisure management, for example lifesaving, facilities management/maintenance, health and safety, customer service, marketing and promotion, finance, management activities.
*dependent on your GCSE results and subject availability. Please contact Dan Searle about your options with this combination.
Applications to join Haringey Hawks Basketball Academy can be found here