Public Services BTEC Level 2
The Public Services Diploma Level 2 aims to help develop the skills and knowledge required to gain employment in the uniformed public services. If you are interested in a career in the Armed forces, Fire & rescue service, Police, Probation service, HM Customs & excise, Immigration, or any public sector related job or to progress into higher education, then this is the course for you.
You will study:
- What it means to have a career in the public services such as the Police, Army and Fire Services
- The role of the public services
- The theory behind teamwork and leadership and the opportunity to develop your own skills in these areas
- How the law impacts upon the Public Services
- You will go on a 2 day residential trip to take part in activities such as quad biking, climbing and team building.
Where it leads:
You will be able to progress onto a Level 3 course or you could go into employment.
Three or more GCSEs grade 3 including a minimum grade 4 (or C) in English or Maths. Level 1 in a relevant subject will also be considered.