This course is a sound and beneficial introduction to the Hospitality & Catering world as a career choice.
You will discover the variety of employment types the industry offers, develop the practical skills required and investigate the materials, ingredients and equipment used to fulfil the various roles.
What will I study?
The fundamentals of this course will cover:
• Basic food preparation and cooking.
• Customer care.
• Kitchen equipment.
• Health and safety, and food safety awareness in catering.
• Pastry and cake preparation methods.
• Housekeeping and guest services.
• Employment skills.
What makes this course at #H6 different?
• You will study in state-of-the-art kitchens with the latest technology.
• You will learn customer service skills.
• You will gain a high standard of cookery mastery, whilst also learning other workplace essentials like menu design.
• You will learn how to serve food and drinks in restaurants and other outlets.
• You will gain the skills to work in a kitchen; from storing food hygienically to cooking simple dishes.
How will I be assessed?
This course is 100% portfolio based at Level 1.
There are no formal entry requirements, but you will need to show a keen interest in catering and be enthusiastic about fulfilling the requirements of the course – across both the practical and theory elements.
In addition, you will study English and Maths, and the route taken will depend on your entry grades – either Functional Skills or GCSE English and Maths.
After successfully completing the course, with good attendance and disciplinary records, you could progress to the next level of the course.
With the proper training, experience and drive, the opportunities offered by the hospitality industry are huge.