Games & Digital Animation
How do I #DiscoverTheDifference with Games & Digital Animation?
Have you ever wondered how games are designed, and how to create your favourite computer game characters? If so, this is the course for you. You will gain all the relevant knowledge and skills to join the exciting and developing world of games and digital animation.
What will I study?
• Digital graphics.
• 3D modelling.
• Animation for digital media.
• Digital games production.
• Digital testing.
What makes Games & Digital at #H6 different?
• You gain access to fully equipped, state-of-the-art IT workshops.
• You join a gaming enrichment club.
• You will be using specialist games development software, taught by specialist experienced staff.
• You learn the basics of games design and how to transform your ideas into a real game.
How will I be assessed?
• 40% Exam
• 60% Coursework
Either - Four GCSE grades 9-4, including a minimum grade 5 in English or Maths.
Or - Level 2 Diploma at Merit or Distinction and a minimum GCSE grade 5 in English or Maths.
After completing this course, you can go on to further study as a games animator, where you will be exposed to many more types of animations such as those found in Pixar or DreamWorks productions. You may find yourself creating animations for fantasy creatures, giants, combat manoeuvres, scripted events, etc.