Physics encompasses the study of the universe from the largest galaxies to the smallest subatomic particles. It is the basis of many other sciences, including chemistry, oceanography, seismology and astronomy. It can be applied to biology or medical science.
You will study:
- Mechanics and sports performance
- Electricity and space technology
- Waves and communication
- Electromagnetism and transport
- Atomic and nuclear physics
- Astronomy and the fate of our universe
Where it leads:
You can progress to university to study a degree in related subjects. Physics is a strong basis for a vast number of careers, including Medical Science, Engineering and Computing.
5 or more GCSEs at grade 9-5, including English and a 6 in Maths and Science.