Our Art & Design – A Level Photography course provides students with opportunities to develop personal responses to ideas, observations, experiences, environments and cultures in practical, critical and contextual forms. Over the course of the two years, students will explore film-based photography, digital photography or film and video.
You will study:
The operations and principles of creating a photographic image, including the use of available and controlled light, lenses, cameras and light-sensitive materials, including digital and non-digital
- A range of materials used in photography, including print and screen-based materials
- How the formal elements evoke responses in the viewer
- The processes for production of digital and print-based photographs
- Methods of presentation of photographic images
- The language of photography as it is applied to a wide range of media
Where it leads:
On to a course at university or art college and eventually a career in the cultural, art or media sectors.
5 GCSEs at grade 9-5 including English or Maths, and Photography, Art or Design Technology plus a relevant portfolio