Fine Art A-Level
This course encourages creative thinking, social engagement and an appreciation of the visual world. It is a perfect introduction to the precise world of Fine Art. Click here for examples of work that our A-Level Fine Art students have been working on this year.
You will study:
- Drawing and mark-making methods
- Painting techniques & collage
- Image generation through Photography and Photoshop
- Printmaking (etching & lino) and photographic silk-screening
- Professional development and portfolio preparation
- The work of other artists and through trips out to galleries and guest speakers
Where it leads:
On to a degree level course at university or art college.
5 or more GCSEs at grade 5 and above, including English or Maths, also including Art or Design and Technology (textiles, graphics and 3D design).
This course may run as a combined Art & Design A-Level subject to enrolment with an opportunity to specialise in Fine Art.