How do I #DiscoverTheDifference with Law?
A-Level Law gives a fascinating insight into the laws that shape our society and what it means to be a legal professional. You will learn how law and politics shapes our society and you will develop your ability to apply this knowledge to real life situations.
What will I study?
• Substantive areas of the law such as criminal, contract and tort.
• You will learn about the procedural aspects of the law in practice, such as the courts and sentencing.
• You will learn about the law in relation to society, justice, morality and technology.
What makes Law at #H6 different?
• You attend talks in the college from barristers and solicitors.
• You get opportunities to apply your understanding of the law in debates and mooting sessions.
• You visit different courts to the see the law in action.
• You attend a number of educational visits including The Houses of Parliament and visits to different universities.
How will I be assessed?
This course is 100% exam based.
Five or more GCSE grades 9-5, including a minimum grade 6 in English and either a Humanities or Social Science related subject.
Completing this course can lead to further study that can allow employment within the legal profession, the civil service and education, among just a few of the possible professions.