Government & Politics
How do I #DiscoverTheDifference with Government & Politics?
Britain has a long-established and world-renowned political system which has provided the basis for democracies across the world. Studying Government & Politics will unlock your
understanding of how politics works in Britain at a local, regional and national level; from political parties to the parliamentary process.
What will I study?
• Democracy, participation and elections in the United Kingdom.
• How the political system in the United Kingdom works – the role of Parliament, the Prime Minister, the basis of the political system, and how power is checked.
• Political ideologies – the different ways of thinking which have shaped the world as we know it, and the foundation of all modern political thought.
What makes Government & Politics at #H6 different?
• There are visits to a number of politically important institutions, including The Houses of Parliament.
• There is an opportunity to watch Prime Ministers Question Time, live.
• There is a visit to City Hall with the opportunity to watch the London Mayors Question Time, live.
• There is a debate society for students to showcase and improve their debating skills.
• There are university masterclasses offered to Politics students through our university links.
How will I be assessed?
This course is 100% exam based.
Five or more GCSE grades 9-5 including a minimum grade 6 in English and a Humanities or a Social Science subject.
Completing this course can lead to further study that can allow employment within the legal profession, the civil service and education, among just a few of the possible professions.