How do I #DiscoverTheDifference with Creative Media?
Media has become an integral part of our lives in today’s society.
Studying Creative Media will unlock your understanding of how the media influences society and creates a framework of ‘normality’ in which we all exist. It will give you the practical skills to no longer be simply a consumer of media, but a producer.
What will I study?
• The media industries and their relationship to the media we consume as an audience.
• Textual analysis of media products as well as production skills.
• Institutions, representation and audience.
What makes Creative Media at #H6 different?
• There are chances to develop your own blog.
• There are excellent industry links.
• There is a compulsory work placement.
• You listen to key note speakers from the world of media.
• You go on trips to media related conferences such as cinema’s and the British Film Institute
How will I be assessed?
30% coursework. 70% exam.
After the delivery of each unit of the course, you will be issued with an assignment, which covers a pass, merit and distinction criteria.
Five or more GCSE grades 9-5, including a minimum grade 5 in Maths and a minimum grade 6 in English and a Humanities or a Social Science subject.
You can progress to further your studies in courses related to the media field such as media production, film studies, journalism, marketing, editing and broadcast journalism. The analytical, theoretical and practical skills gained give media students the foundation for a range of careers in the ever-growing media industry as well as transferrable skills suitable to other professions outside of media such as teaching, politics and events management.