How do I #DiscoverTheDifference with Business Studies?
Business Studies is a well-established and high achieving course. The subject benefits from having a dedicated and enthusiastic department who are determined to deliver a stimulating, interesting and successful course.
What will I study?
• Business behaviour, to get an understanding of how a business operates and what can influence its success.
• The business environment, examining a range of businesses, their ownership and organisation.
• Business functions like finance, operations, marketing and human resources within different organisations.
• Enterprise, entrepreneurs, events, customer service, doing business online, project management and the world of work.
What makes Business at #H6 different?
• You have the chance to join a ‘Dragons’ Den’ style enrichment club.
• You are supported with examination & homework clinics.
• You go on trips and visit in London and abroad.
• You receive employability coaching.
• You experience group event planning & management - ‘The Apprentice’ style.
How will I be assessed?
Three 2-hour written exams taken at the end of the two-year course. Each exam will be worth a third of the A-Level.
Five or more GCSE grades 9-5, including a minimum grade 5 in Maths and a minimum grade 6 in either English, Humanities or Social Science subject.
There is a role linked to Business Studies in every organisation. Learners may also progress within employment to professional qualifications such as those offered by the Chartered Institutes of Marketing, Management Accountants and Personnel Development.