Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on the 4th January, I have done one of my now famous vlogs and here is, as promised a more detailed update and information, as well as signposting you to all the contact details.
We move to online teaching and learning form 0900 as per students timetables on Wednesday 6th January.
Students you know how to access the College’s online learning resources. Log onto Canvas and your teachers will contact you about live sessions in Microsoft Teams.
It is important that students continue with your learning to attain your qualifications. Although there is little detail other than the cancellation of summer exams in the current format.
Our website and twitter feed (www.twitter.com/haringey6thform) will be kept up to date with information.
In line with the current government advice, please avoid all non-essential travel and social contact.
Again please stay healthy, concentrate on your learning and at this challenging time, please look after others, especially the most vulnerable and at risk in society.
If you have any personal concerns or need support please email email@example.com and I will ensure you get a timely response.
Rest assured we are all in this together. If you have any safeguarding concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
#TeamHaringey6 staff are amazing - they are as ever already providing support for our students and our communities.
Staff collective efforts have meant, amongst many other things, that:
- Technology arrangements are up and running for remote working and learning for all our staff and students.
- Students who receive financial support will continue to receive those payments.
- A plan is in place to support our most vulnerable learners, be this in college or by telephone or online.
- Our College will stay open, to support specific students and front-line key workers by caring for their youngsters.
#TeamHaringey6 students, as ever I want to say in advance THANK YOU for working with us and making all of this possible. You are an amazing bunch.
Some of you may feel fine whilst others may feel anxious.
We’re all in this together. So, please be kind. Be safe and be smart. Do follow official advice about Coronavirus and please do not only follow the advice yourself, but make sure your friends also comply.
Here are the emails for the key people if you need help, advice or direction:
Keeping up with your studies will support your well-being. I have advised staff to try to encourage and help you to establish a routine asap.
For general teaching, online, IT and pastoral support please contact in the first instance :
- Rosie Shire Assistant Principal Student Performance, Progression & Quality email@example.com
- Jared Hamilton, Director of Teaching & Learning - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dean Britton, Director of Inclusion, Opportunity & Welfare - email@example.com
For anything subject based :
- Florina Iosif, Director of A-Levels, Creative Industries & Young College - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Searle, Director of Sport, Public Services, Business & Enterprise - email@example.com
- Joanne Blackburn, Director of Health & Social Care - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional subject and course contact details Curriculum & Learning Managers (CALM) / Coordinators :
- Olimi Wamara, CALM for A-Levels & STEM - email@example.com
- Codi Murray, CALM for Sport & Public Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Austin Ononaji, CALM for IT - email@example.com
- Anthony Johnson, CALM for Business - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pam Waterman-Mayers, CALM Entry & Foundation - email@example.com
- Mandy Lawrence, ESOL 14-16 Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayuri Rajani, CALM for Health & Social Care - email@example.com
Lisa and I have told the staff this on a number of occasions and will repeat it to you all, this situation will pass. We are here to support you along the way.
Last thing for now - stay active, stay healthy, stay safe.
Love to you all,
Remember, we are #TeamHaringey6.
Russ on behalf of #TeamHaringey6
For students who are looking to apply for September 2021, please click here
Please complete the form as accurately as possible. All courses are for students aged 16 to 18 years old as at 31 August 2021.
The only way to secure your place for September 2021 is to have completed the full application process, which includes having an interview by 31st March 2021.
Keep up to date by following us: Twitter / Instagram - @Haringey6thForm