Remote Learning Expectations
4 January-15 February 2021
The following are the expectations for students learning remotely:
- You will stream your lessons live through Microsoft Teams. Your teacher will set this up for you. You access Teams through office.com. Use your college email address (email@example.com) and the password you use to log-in to the college computer.
- Your teacher will stream your lessons according to your timetable through Microsoft Teams. These will be recorded and accessible on your Teams page – in case you cannot access them at the time. Let your teacher know if you can’t join your class at timetabled time.
- If you do not feel ill, you are expected to carry on learning remotely, so that there is as little disturbance to your lessons as possible. The register will be taken at the beginning of each lesson.
- You can access resources for your courses on our VLE, Canvas. You can access all the resources for your courses on Canvas: https://haringey6.instructure.com/login/canvas
- See our Canvas For Students page for help on how to log-in. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any Canvas issues.
- If you do not have access to a computer or WIFI at home, contact your PPD tutor for financial advice/support or the possible loan of a laptop.
- With the exception of students of key workers and vulnerable students, education will be delivered remotely until at least 15 February 2021.
- BTEC exams beginning on 6 January are not going ahead. Additional opportunities to take the exam, if needed, will occur once we return to in-person learning.
- If you’re taking a course that requires specialist equipment or facilities, e.g. science, we will work with you to catch up once you return to college.
- As we receive more information about return dates and exam arrangements, we will let you know. Keep checking Canvas for current updates.