Principal's Update - 27 March 2020
A message to #TeamHaringey6 staff, students, trustees and all stakeholders
I am very conscious that we are only just at the start of what is going to be a long haul into the unknown. These are unprecedented circumstances and there is no blueprint on how to deal with this.
I know I wrote to you all last week, but I do want to ensure you that we communicate with each other throughout this challenging period.
I have already seen #TeamHaringey6 pulling together to enable a form of college life to continue.
We are going to see more and more heroic efforts in these difficult times.
#TeamHaringey6 staff are amazing - they are already providing support for our students and our communities.
Staff collective efforts have meant, amongst many other things, that:
- Technology arrangements are up and running for remote working and learning for all our staff and students.
- Students who receive financial support will continue to receive those payments.
- A plan is in place to support our most vulnerable learners, including contact by telephone or online.
- Our College will stay open, subject to demand, to support specific students and front-line key workers by caring for their youngsters.
#TeamHaringey6 students, as ever I want to say ‘thank you’ for working with us and making all of this possible. You are an amazing bunch. Some of you may feel fine whilst others may feel anxious.
We’re all in this together. So, please be kind. Be safe and be smart. Do follow official advice about Coronavirus and please do not only follow the advice yourself, but make sure your friends also comply.
Here are the emails for the key people if you need help, advice or direction:
- Jill Lodge, Director of Academic & Pastoral Care - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dean Britton, Director of Inclusion & Opportunity - email@example.com
- Jared Hamilton, Director of Teaching & Learning - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florina Iosif, Director of A-Levels, Creative Industries & Young College - email@example.com
- Daniel Searle, Director of Sport, Public Services, Business & Enterprise - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanne Blackburn, Director of Health & Social Care - email@example.com
We are here for you by email and social media, as well as via other technology that teaching colleagues are using to stay in touch, such as Canvas. For any general enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping up with your studies will support your well-being. I have advised staff to try to encourage and help you to establish a new routine.
How can you make the most of the time you have now, where possible?
I have told the staff this and will repeat it to you all that this situation will pass. But for now, we are here to support you along the way.
Next from me will be an attempt to do my Principal’s Presentation, or a version of it via video next week. If successful, will that mean I am a vlogger? I don’t think so!
Humbled and proud already. We are only one week in and you are all awesome and are showing great resilience and great leadership.
Last thing for now - stay active, stay healthy, stay safe.
Love to you all,