Principal's Update - 21 May 2020
I hope you are all well and staying healthy throughout this period.
You should be in receipt of, or should soon receive a letter with information about the college and the next baby steps. A copy of the letter can be accessed via this link - Russ' Letter PDF copy.
To close off this year, we have all agreed that the focus needs to be based on the following principles:
1. The safety of staff and students is the primary concern.
Safe systems of working have be defined and implemented, for want of a better term, by locality, locally and we have all received detailed risk assessments at college, building, course and individual level. Risks cannot be eliminated, but risks must and can always be better understood and mitigated. Staff morale and commitment throughout the crisis has been high, and this must be protected at this crucial juncture.
2. Priority groups must be identified at a curricula and individual level.
Staff, parents and carers need to have the flexibility to choose these for themselves. These groups should be selected by what is necessary, not what is desirable.
3. Face-to-face interventions should only be focused on ensuring that progression can be secured for all students.
None of them should be disadvantaged, or risk wasting a year.
As detailed in the letter, here are the updated additional email contact details for staff, including key people if you need help, advice or direction
- Jill Lodge, Director of Academic & Pastoral Care - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dean Britton, Director of Inclusion & Opportunity - email@example.com
- Jared Hamilton, Director of Teaching & Learning - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florina Iosif, Director of A-Levels, Creative Industries & Young College - email@example.com
- Daniel Searle, Director of Sport, Public Services, Business & Enterprise - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanne Blackburn, Director of Health & Social Care - email@example.com
Additional contact details for Curriculum & Learning Managers (CALM) / Coordinators
- Olimi Wamara, CALM for A-Levels & STEM - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Codi Murray, CALM for Sport & Public Services – email@example.com
- Austin Ononaji, CALM for IT - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Johnson, CALM for Business - email@example.com
- Pam Waterman-Mayers, CALM Entry & Foundation - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mandy Lawrence, ESOL 14-16 Coordinator - email@example.com
- Mayuri Rajani, CALM for Health & Social Care - firstname.lastname@example.org
As ever, kind regards,