What the Ofsted report said about Haringey Sixth Form College.
- Staff are very successful at raising students’ aspirations and widening participation in education.
- Students on advanced-level vocational courses make very good progress relative to their prior attainment.
- Teachers provide very good support and guidance for students throughout their time at the College.
- Leaders and managers ensure that students benefit from well-resourced facilities and that they learn in a safe and harmonious environment.
Outcomes for students:
- Students have access to a flexible curriculum which allows them to gain relevant qualifications and progress to higher levels of study.
- Students benefit from a good range of activities which helps prepare them for the adult world.
- Students have access to good resources to help them plan for their next steps, either continuing in education or going into training or employment.
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment:
- A range of creative and well-considered strategies for improving teaching, learning and assessment has resulted in the majority of lessons now being good.
- A strong team of skilled and enthusiastic teachers works effectively to improve teaching, learning and assessment, supported by a well-considered programme of staff development.
- Well-qualified teachers demonstrate good subject knowledge and have high expectations of students.
- Students value the high quality support they receive outside lessons which enables them to reinforce new knowledge and skills.
- The College regularly hosts events promoting a good range of progression routes to employment and training alongside university.
- Students benefit from high quality, specialist careers advice.
- Science students develop competent practical skills in well-resourced laboratories.
Effectiveness of leadership and management:
- Senior managers and governors have placed a clear focus on improving the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Governors and leaders at all levels support the mission to provide high quality learning for all students and staff.
- Students celebrate the diverse range of cultures within the College, and a good range of innovative projects fosters good relations between different groups of young people.
- Managers share a commitment to inclusivity and providing support for the diverse needs of the students. All staff ensure that students are well cared for in terms of their wider welfare needs and work hard to instil in the students a positive attitude towards what they can achieve in life.
- The College is a safe and secure place of study and students confirm this judgement.
We continue to improve what we do for the benefit of all students.
The Ofsted report can be downloaded from Ofsted Report