Financial Studies LIBF
The London Institute of Banking and Finance Level 3 Financial Studies is a course that will help you understand finances and the influences that they have on everyday life.
You will study:
- The importance of financial capability for immediate, short-term, medium-term and long-term financial needs.
- Financial services and products, including sources of help and advice.
- Borrowing, budgeting, financial planning and cash flow.
- The impact of external influences at different stages in the personal life cycle.
- Risk and reward in managing personal finance.
- Personal and external factors that lead to change.
- Maintaining financial sustainability and avoiding long term debt.
- The financial services system, financial sustainability (individual and general) and marketing techniques.
Where it leads:
The LIBF Level 3 in Financial Studies course provides a basis for a career in a wide range of differing degrees in Accounting, Finance and Business Studies or you can progress on to an apprenticeship or start a career in marketing, Human Resources, insurance, retail banking, business banking, customer services and financial services. The course also provides an extremely useful foundation for those considering setting up their own business.
5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and Maths and/or Level 2 BTEC Diploma at Merit or Distinction